Our lives are a response to the questions we ponder. Toward the end of each year, I like to reflect on the year that has been and the year that is to come. I plan a little and dream a lot. Between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Eve, I exchange questions with a group of friends. The questions are designed to encourage and challenge us to make the coming year amazing.
The right question is like a crystal prism — shine a little reflection into it and it shoots out light in a thousand different directions, allowing you to see things you have never seen before and things that you have seen too many times to count in a new way.
Here are the 25 questions I put together to share with my friends this year. I hope they lead you to new dreams and discoveries for 2021.
1. What are you proudest of in 2020? Tell somebody.
2. When were you happiest this year?
3. When was the last time you felt fully alive? What contributed to that? What do you have to do to experience that more regularly?
4. What about your past is keeping you from your future?
5. If you could only accomplish one thing next year, what would you like it to be?