6 Ways to Reduce Multi-Tasking and Avoid Burnout
Do you feel like there aren’t enough hours in the day? Ever feel like you are exhausted but didn’t get anything done? Maybe it’s time to start practicing the good old-fashioned wisdom of doing one thing at a time. There is much joy to be found in starting and completing a task.
Constantly switching from one task to another, also known as multi-tasking, is exhausting, stressful, and one of the leading causes of anxiety in our lives. Here are six ways to reduce multi-tasking in your life:
1. Make a list of things to accomplish today.
2. Work through the list one task at a time. Focus on accomplishing each item until completed.
3. Check your email, voicemail, and text messages only between tasks.
4. Block notifications and silence your phone.
5. Create an environment that is conducive to what is most important.
6. Take regular breaks. Nobody can concentrate endlessly.
It’s time to stop rapidly bouncing between tasks and focus on one thing at a time. It’s time to start enjoying the benefits of doing one thing at a time. Try it. It’s an amazing feeling.
Watch the video!